Charter School Parent Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Charter School Parent Forum

Parents of Charter School Students who want to get together and dicuss events, issues, solutions, and anything else having to do with our childrens education.

Latest topics

» Those In Need
Awesome Teachers - EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:35 pm by angelinemayer

» From the mouths of babes
Awesome Teachers - EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:00 am by angelinemayer

» IEP is a legal contract
Awesome Teachers - EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:51 am by angelinemayer

» School Board
Awesome Teachers - EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:07 am by KatherineDavis

» Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey
Awesome Teachers - EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 9:33 am by Bill

» Imagine Schools
Awesome Teachers - EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:56 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

» Punishment As A Whole
Awesome Teachers - EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:56 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

» Parent Meeting #1 (12/3/08)
Awesome Teachers - EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:04 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

» (Goverment) MDE - Michgan Department of Education
Awesome Teachers - EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 6:36 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

Navigation

Affiliates

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+4
stormyi skyi
olivialee
Admin #2 Christal
Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
8 posters

Awesome Teachers -

Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin

Number of posts : 57
    Registration date : 2008-11-07

Awesome Teachers - Empty Awesome Teachers -

Post by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:13 am

I would like to take this chance to let everyone know how wonderful my (3) kids teachers are this year cheers They have done a wonderful job with my kids and their education. All three of my kids have had a wonderful start to this school year and it really helps things go smoothly when they love their teachers. These teachers go above and beyond to help them anytime they need it and they also are always willing to talk to me and work with me and communicate with me which is a huge bonus...
    Like a Star @ heaven Mrs Arrington (8th) Grade
    Like a Star @ heaven Mrs Waugh (4th Grade)
    Like a Star @ heaven Mrs Allen & Ms Davis (3rd Grade)
    THANK YOU ALL flower
    Admin #2 Christal
    Admin #2 Christal
    Admin

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2008-11-09

Awesome Teachers - Empty Awesome Techers

Post by Admin #2 Christal Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:04 pm

I have to agree with you on the teacher.
    Mrs Arrington, Ms. Alward and Ms. Olney are a wonderful and welcome addition to the school.

Thank you so much for supporting our kids!

Christal
    olivialee

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2008-11-14

Awesome Teachers - Empty Re: Awesome Teachers -

Post by olivialee Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:34 pm

Very Happy i like mostly all of the teachers!!!
    stormyi skyi

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2008-11-18

Post by stormyi skyi Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:23 pm

i like mr.N:affraid:
    i also like mrs.blauvelt!
    rock on freaky bros!lol!
    als4kody

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2008-11-13

Post by als4kody Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:33 pm

We do have great teachers, but also had several last year that ended up leaving the school. Question is WHY? I am beginning to think that when you don't comply with the demands of the Principal you don't have a chance and for some reason your let go or even make up a story to cover up why you're let go. Losing one more teacher Mrs. Samon special education teacher who is awesome caring more about the students then about her own job. Now thats who I want teaching my child!!!! So what does everyone think about the staff changes all in last year and this year?
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin

Post by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:44 pm

I am with you - to many changes and what are the actual truths??? At this point I don't think they would know the truth about anything even if it bit them!!! They seem to get rid of those teachers that fight for our kids and care about our kids education!!! And no one questions this???????????????????????????????????????????????
    Donna

Number of posts : 8

Post by Donna Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:08 pm

cheers I know Mr. Hakins was a great teacher. I was sorry to see him leave. Ms. Samon has been a great teacher and help to the students and parents I thank her for all the time and effort she has put in and courage she has shown. I would like to also say Alward and Arrington are turning out to be a big asset to the school and our children. I know when I go to them my ?'s are answered in record time and they have brought several issue's to light that have only to do with my children which shows me they are watching not only the children academicly but their mental and social behaviors. They have been a God Sent to me and my children.. I hope that they keep their heads up and continue to do the GREAT job they have started. We need more teacher like them that care and fight for the children through thick and thin.I want to send out a big THANK YOU to them Very Happy
    greatkidsmom
    greatkidsmom

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2008-11-20

Post by greatkidsmom Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:22 pm

sunny Hi Everyone,
    I too am very happy with the addition of Ms. Alward, Mrs. Arrington and Ms. Olney. I whole heartedly agree that they are more on top of things going on with our children. I have received more than one phone call when something at school wasn't sitting just right with the techer. Last year it was nothing but sweet, gooey crap and then when the end of the year came the sh_t hit the fan and grades had dropped two or three levels with no advanced notice. I was so pleased with the progress Ms. Samon was making with my child. She went above and beyond to make things less stressful and installed a feeling of accomplishment. The theory that if you don't "follow the rules your job is in jeopardy" is right. The same thing happened to Mrs. McCaffrey last year. She went to the state with concerns, and her job was threatened. She wanted out so bad from our school, but was also torn about leaving the kids that she had worked so hard to help. In the end she found a new position in Okemos. I know of a number of other teachers whose contract renewal was threatened because of the waves they were making. It's too bad that the few great ones have to fear for their jobs beceause they are doing the right thing. Thank you to those who are willing to stand up for what is right. Hopefully they will be here next year to continue helping our children to grow and learn.
    Mr.Hawkins

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2008-11-21

Awesome Teachers - Empty Reply to awesome teachers post

Post by Mr.Hawkins Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:35 pm

I was referred to this forum site by another former WPA teacher. I saw the post from Donna yesterday. Thank you for your nice comment. However, I just wanted to let everyone know that I left WPA on my own. I was not asked to leave or "forced out." A more advantageous opportunity for me and my family arose here at Gull Lake High School. I just thought I should clear the air as far as my time at WPA goes. I hope you all are doing well. I am having a great first year in my new job. Say hello to all my former students for me.
    Donna

Number of posts : 8

Awesome Teachers - Empty Mr Hawkins

Post by Donna Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:17 pm

I love you Rickie loved to hear you were doing well She misses you and hopes youare having a good time in your new school. There are not many teacher's like you out there.
    als4kody

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2008-11-13

Post by als4kody Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:05 am

Mr Hawkins,
    I am so glad to hear you're doing well. Kody is doing awesome!! He is getting more help now and is excelling due to the teachers and teacher aide he is working with. The school has went down hill since last year. Its not been easy working with some of the other staff members when it comes to Special Education. We had a wonderful teacher whom was fired for sticking up for the kids when others wouldn't. I don't get it, why is it so hard to do the right thing?
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin

Post by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:10 pm

Hi Mr Hawkins cheers
    It sure was a surprise seeing you in here...
    Happy to see things are going so well with you and your family...
    Stormyi was so excited when I told her you were on here so in the next day or two she'll log in under her own name and shout at you...
    Take care and hope to see you around...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:50 am