Charter School Parent Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Charter School Parent Forum

Parents of Charter School Students who want to get together and dicuss events, issues, solutions, and anything else having to do with our childrens education.

Latest topics

» Those In Need
Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:35 pm by angelinemayer

» From the mouths of babes
Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:00 am by angelinemayer

» IEP is a legal contract
Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:51 am by angelinemayer

» School Board
Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:07 am by KatherineDavis

» Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey
Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 9:33 am by Bill

» Imagine Schools
Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:56 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

» Punishment As A Whole
Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:56 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

» Parent Meeting #1 (12/3/08)
Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:04 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

» (Goverment) MDE - Michgan Department of Education
Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 6:36 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

Navigation

Affiliates

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

2 posters

Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey

Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin

Number of posts : 57
    Registration date : 2008-11-07

Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey Empty Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey

Post by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:00 pm

To view what they came up with click the below link:
    Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey
    Here I would like the parents to vote for our school.
    (COPY AND PASTE ALL BELOW THIS AND FILL IN YOUR OWN ANSWERS IN THE REPLY SECTION) * There is no wrong answers and if you have more than one kid then answer it with labels like 4th grade, 8th grade, etc.
    1) I feel comfortable speaking to my child's teachers about problems regarding my child.?
    2) My child feels safe in this school?
    3) The people who work in the front office are friendly and helpful?
    4) The school offers me opportunities to get involved in my child's education?
    5) My child receives quality instruction in reading at this school?
    6a) Teachers model and teach positive character attributes to my child?
    6b) Staff model and teach positive attributes to my child? (broke this one up for a reason)
    7) My child's school provides an inviting atmosphere for parents and guests?
    8- My child is treated with respect and dignity at school?
    9) My child receives quality instruction in mathematics at this school?
    10) My child receives quality instruction in writing at this school?
    11) My child's teachers know my child and focus on him/her as an individual?
    12a) Teachers are caring and supportive of staff?
    12b) Staff are caring and supportive of teachers? (broke this up for a reason)
    13) Staff at the school care about my child's progress?
    14) The school building and grounds are well maintained?
    15) The principal of my child's school is a good leader?
    16) I am satisfied with the quality of education my child is receiving?
    17) I am likely to recommend this school to others?
    18- If I could "grade" the school overall, I would grade it: A B C D F?
    19) The principal is accessible to parents/guardians?
    20) Teachers go out of their way to help my child when he/she needs extra help?
    21) The amount and type of homework assigned to my child is appropriate?
    22) Students show respect for school property?
    23) I am aware that the school staff is attempting to live out the Imagine Schools' shared values of integrity, justice, and fun?
    24) My child's teachers communicate with me regularly about my child's progress?
    25) The school respects my opinions and concerns regarding school issues?
    26) Students behave respectfully toward the school staff?
    27) My child, along with classmates, is learning how to resolve conflicts appropriately?
    28- Teachers, staff, and parents are involved appropriately in making school decisions?
    29) I have seen positive changes in my child's behavior as a result of the school's emphasis on character development?
    30) I am satisfied with my child's exposure to technology?
    31) I have been informed about the school's finances and am satisfied that the school can be economically sustainable over the long term?
    32) I volunteer regularly at my child's school?
    33) I participate regularly in our school's parent association?
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin

Number of posts : 57
    Registration date : 2008-11-07

Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey Empty Re: Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey

Post by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:26 pm

1) I feel comfortable speaking to my child's teachers about problems regarding my child.? Yes (all 3)
    2) My child feels safe in this school? Yes
    3) The people who work in the front office are friendly and helpful? The ones you see regularly, NO!
    4) The school offers me opportunities to get involved in my child's education? lol! They don't want us involved because that means asking questions.
    5) My child receives quality instruction in reading at this school? Yes (for 2 kids) - (1) kid struggles. Thought that is where Title 1 comes in but guess I was mistaken since shes gone about 4 times all school year.
    6a) Teachers model and teach positive character attributes to my child? Yes (all teachers my kids have)
    6b) Staff model and teach positive attributes to my child? (broke this one up for a reason) NO!
    7) My child's school provides an inviting atmosphere for parents and guests? Yes, as long as you ask no questions, give no advice all is well.
    8- My child is treated with respect and dignity at school? By the teachers they have yes.
    9) My child receives quality instruction in mathematics at this school? YES thanks to the teachers
    10) My child receives quality instruction in writing at this school? YES thanks to the teachers
    11) My child's teachers know my child and focus on him/her as an individual? YES for my kids teachers
    12a) Teachers are caring and supportive of staff? YES
    12b) Staff are caring and supportive of teachers? (broke this up for a reason) They are openly NOT
    13) Staff at the school care about my child's progress? Obviosly not
    14) The school building and grounds are well maintained? Look nice
    15) The principal of my child's school is a good leader? NO
    16) I am satisfied with the quality of education my child is receiving? With what they are learning they are doing good but there are many things they are NOT getting that they should be.
    17) I am likely to recommend this school to others? Not likely anymore
    18- If I could "grade" the school overall, I would grade it: A B C D F? Teachers I would say an A, Staff D-F
    19) The principal is accessible to parents/guardians? As long as there is not a conflict or an important question that needs answered.
    20) Teachers go out of their way to help my child when he/she needs extra help? YES flower
    21) The amount and type of homework assigned to my child is appropriate? Sometimes it's to much because it cuts into family time.
    22) Students show respect for school property? I believe so
    23) I am aware that the school staff is attempting to live out the Imagine Schools' shared values of integrity, justice, and fun? Teachers Yes, STAFF really needs to go to the front page of the imagine schools website and read what is expected of them.
    24) My child's teachers communicate with me regularly about my child's progress? Yes
    25) The school respects my opinions and concerns regarding school issues? NOPE
    26) Students behave respectfully toward the school staff? Lets just say there are many kids afraid of the office staff, one being one of my kids.
    27) My child, along with classmates, is learning how to resolve conflicts appropriately? The 3rd & 4th grade YES, 8th grade no, they are currently learning that even when you do nothing wrong you still get punished just because.
    28- Teachers, staff, and parents are involved appropriately in making school decisions? NO, Office staff alne makes all the decisions.
    29) I have seen positive changes in my child's behavior as a result of the school's emphasis on character development? False for my oldest, she has seen and heard to many things and been bullied by office staff and has an attitude towards them which she is right in feeling.
    30) I am satisfied with my child's exposure to technology? ABSOLUTELY NOT!
    31) I have been informed about the school's finances and am satisfied that the school can be economically sustainable over the long term? NO, and I believe how it is being ran right now we won't have a school in very near future.
    32) I volunteer regularly at my child's school? Not anymore unless it's a class party or they need something.
    33) I participate regularly in our school's parent association? NO, thats ran by office staff with parents that have opinions that aren't used.
    Bill

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2008-11-15

Post by Bill Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:33 am

1) I feel comfortable speaking to my child's teachers about problems regarding my child.? Yes
    2) My child feels safe in this school? Yes
    3) The people who work in the front office are friendly and helpful? No, insulting
    4) The school offers me opportunities to get involved in my child's education? Not anymore
    5) My child receives quality instruction in reading at this school? Yes
    6a) Teachers model and teach positive character attributes to my child? Yes
    6b) Staff model and teach positive attributes to my child? (broke this one up for a reason) Office staff, No!
    7) My child's school provides an inviting atmosphere for parents and guests? Depends on who they meet
    8- My child is treated with respect and dignity at school? Teachers, yes, office staff, no
    9) My child receives quality instruction in mathematics at this school? Yes
    10) My child receives quality instruction in writing at this school? Yes
    11) My child's teachers know my child and focus on him/her as an individual? Not sure
    12a) Teachers are caring and supportive of staff? Teachers are caring
    12b) Staff are caring and supportive of teachers? (broke this up for a reason) No
    13) Staff at the school care about my child's progress? Some staff - absolutely, office staff, NO
    14) The school building and grounds are well maintained? Yes
    15) The principal of my child's school is a good leader? Yes
    16) I am satisfied with the quality of education my child is receiving?Yes
    17) I am likely to recommend this school to others? Not until the office staff situation is fixed
    18- If I could "grade" the school overall, I would grade it: A B C D F? Not a fair question as teachers get an A, office staff get an F, other staff get an A
    19) The principal is accessible to parents/guardians? ???
    20) Teachers go out of their way to help my child when he/she needs extra help? Yes
    21) The amount and type of homework assigned to my child is appropriate? Varies
    22) Students show respect for school property? Yes
    23) I am aware that the school staff is attempting to live out the Imagine Schools' shared values of integrity, justice, and fun?, Non-administrative staff, Yes! Office staff - No.
    24) My child's teachers communicate with me regularly about my child's progress? Yes
    25) The school respects my opinions and concerns regarding school issues? No
    26) Students behave respectfully toward the school staff? Yes - overall
    27) My child, along with classmates, is learning how to resolve conflicts appropriately? Not sure
    28- Teachers, staff, and parents are involved appropriately in making school decisions? Not any more,
    29) I have seen positive changes in my child's behavior as a result of the school's emphasis on character development? Yes
    30) I am satisfied with my child's exposure to technology? No
    31) I have been informed about the school's finances and am satisfied that the school can be economically sustainable over the long term? ?, too many variables
    32) I volunteer regularly at my child's school? Use to
    33) I participate regularly in our school's parent association? Not effective.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content