Charter School Parent Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Charter School Parent Forum

Parents of Charter School Students who want to get together and dicuss events, issues, solutions, and anything else having to do with our childrens education.

Latest topics

» Those In Need
IEP is a legal contract EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:35 pm by angelinemayer

» From the mouths of babes
IEP is a legal contract EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:00 am by angelinemayer

» IEP is a legal contract
IEP is a legal contract EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:51 am by angelinemayer

» School Board
IEP is a legal contract EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:07 am by KatherineDavis

» Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey
IEP is a legal contract EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 9:33 am by Bill

» Imagine Schools
IEP is a legal contract EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:56 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

» Punishment As A Whole
IEP is a legal contract EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:56 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

» Parent Meeting #1 (12/3/08)
IEP is a legal contract EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:04 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

» (Goverment) MDE - Michgan Department of Education
IEP is a legal contract EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 6:36 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

Navigation

Affiliates

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+6
Admin #2 Christal
taximom
ADHDMOM1
Concerned
Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
als4kody
10 posters

IEP is a legal contract

als4kody

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2008-11-13

IEP is a legal contract Empty IEP is a legal contract

Post by als4kody Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:30 am

IEP is considered a legal contract if yor child is receiving services that is not on the IEP the school does not have to follow any guidelines for this unless its on the IEP. My child has been receiving one on one teacher aide support from the beginning of the year which was started by the Principal and not part of the IEP. I wanted the support to be on the IEP and have had nothing but trouble getting this applied . Furthermore the Principal has changed his written letter of what support is being given since giving it to me . I contacted CAUSE and Disabilty Connections for input on this matter. If I had not known what was going on, my child would be at the losing end of a great education. What else is the school doing that I or anyone else doesn't know?
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin

Number of posts : 57
    Registration date : 2008-11-07

IEP is a legal contract Empty Re: IEP is a legal contract

Post by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:07 pm

I'm glad you didn't just sit around and take whatever was said to you as the "The Word" and that you are doing everything in your power to get the "correct" answers and fighting for your childs "Education!"
    Concerned

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2008-11-19

Post by Concerned Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:21 pm

Just joined and I have just learned that the special ed teacher left today. This is VERY concerning and a tremendous loss for our children! Time for a parents meeting?????
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin

Post by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:06 pm

I can't believe that!!! She "IS" an awesome teacher that loves the kids and has their BEST interest at heart!!! This is going to be a HUGE blow up on the parents end toward the school and they have every right to be angry!!! After everything she has done and she's gone???
    YES, a parent meeting will definetly be happening I am sure!!!
    als4kody

Post by als4kody Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:02 pm

I am so disappointed to know that the teacher we are speaking of has been let go. Standing up for the all students may have cost her that job! I feel powerless to help her after everything she has done. I spoke with her today, she is checking into what she can do. We need to support her as much as possible. The school can not be trusted even to do whats on an IEP. Be careful and pay attention to your childs special education program. you may be surprised whats really going on.
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin

Post by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:18 pm

Hi Als4kody Sad
    It was a huge blow when someone posted on here today that she was gone today - The school is going to have one huge fight on their hands when it comes to this issue to - I feel so bad for you parents and your children of IEP's... You all lost a wonderful person and the school lost a wonderful teacher yet again - I didn't know there was anyone left at the school that is qualified to take her place but maybe I am wrong? Hang in there, hopefully help is on the way for all of us & our children (Someone who really cares!)
    ADHDMOM1

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2008-11-14

Post by ADHDMOM1 Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:43 am

scratch WHAT??? My son's special ed teacher is gone? Gone as in fired or gone as in she's sick? I finally felt like my son was going to get the help he needed with her on his case. How exactly would I find out what is happening with his special ed program? Who is taking over her position? They need someone today. My son needs that extra help and so do alot of others. I would support a parent meeting. Just to be a little more informed and to let the school officials know that they do have to answer to US!!! Let me know when a meeting will be held.
    taximom
    taximom

Number of posts : 4

Post by taximom Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:06 pm

clown sunny The question for parents of IEP'd children is "Who is the certified Special Needs Teacher in the building?" Must be nice to expect a new person to walk in the building for one week and be able to represent your child's education to its fullest. A finished IEP is good for one year, Hope it gets filled out correctly the first time! Please parents all I can say is that we need to educate ourselves to our fullest before entering an IEP on our children. Find out exactly who needs to be in there and WHO DOES NOT, ask why the reason for decisions being made, is there a different way to asses things, WHY or WHY NOT, READ EVERYTHING you are signing. Take your time, and if anything is promised to you ask for it in writting on the spot don't wait till tomorrow, that's a whole new day in that building. And remeber your presence is down right annoying inside that building, find more excuses to just stop in and say "HI" a happy person will always annoy the one's who don't even like themselves.
    Admin #2 Christal
    Admin #2 Christal
    Admin

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2008-11-09

Post by Admin #2 Christal Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:39 pm

If you go to the WPA web site you will find that there is no one left in the building with the proper certification for special education.Unless I am mistaken Mrs Arriginton is in the process with her education, but htere are no others to my knowledge. Even Ms.Samon aides certification has not come through as of yet (if it has the school has not got around to posting it on the web site). Here is another kicker not only are the kicds with IEP's getting the shaft but Mrs. Blauvelts kids will as well because she will be with the special ed.aide teaching the kids. If the beginning of this year was not already an ordeal now the kids have this to deal with.
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin

Post by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:40 pm

For once it would be nice if the school thought about the kids and not their own personal gains and agenda's!!! How do they think our kids feel about being abandoned by teachers they are comfortable with, have a bond with and with a blink of an eye the awesome Special Ed teacher is fired, Mrs Blauvelt is pulled from her class and who knows what is next but there is always something happening that is in no way in the best interiest of the CHILDREN!!!
    als4kody

Post by als4kody Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:14 am

The school makes me more uncomfortable everyday. I wish I knew who I could really trust. The IEP's that were done maybe in question again. How can the school do this? I guess if they feel no accountibilty they can do what they want! I just don't understand how this continues to happen.
    Donna

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2008-11-18

Post by Donna Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:35 am

What do you mean the IEP's that were done may be in question?
    cowgirldreamer

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2008-11-30

Post by cowgirldreamer Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:23 pm

I asked the special ed teacher what was going on with my son revaluation of the IEP she was checking into all that for me and the next thing i new she was gone wow i couldn't beleave it. Then last week i asked about it again and i got nothing then the next day i went to the principal asked him and low and behold he couldn't give me answer mind you my sons IEP was to be at the beinging og november and well guess what.... Anyhow the principal is suppsoed to be getting back to me on monday do you think it will happen I don't but we will see. Im very worried about my son now that i have read some of the comments. hope there is something we can all to thanks Melissa for giving me the web site this maybe helpfull.
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin

Post by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:36 am

RE, Cowgirldreamer: The best I can tell you is to NOT let up!!! If you have to be in that office (principals office, not the secretary's office), everyday until HE gives you the answers you are ENTITLED to... I can't believe how they are able to play with our kids lives and they, the school has no concequences to suffer for all the WRONG they have caused!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Making some legal calls this week and then will get with everyone later this week to hopefully set date/time for parent meeting...
    Hang in there and C U in the back (40) cheers (wo wo)
    als4kody

Post by als4kody Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:43 am

There are major things going on in the school each and every day is something new that is hidden from the parents. The school is trying to figure out who is going to head up the Special Education Program. The Holly Becker does not have certification in Special Education she has applied for an Emergency Certification. Which can be checked on line. I had an experience with a teacher last week which I never expected. A teacher who has a special education student of her own told my son he could get a detention for taking food out of her class which she brought into class. This teacher is being considered for the special education position possibly. This teacher has until last week had went to bat for my son. She now is feeling the pressure of office staff and the principal not wanting any info released to parents. Any conversations with staff are guarded. When will it stop? Now my son is feeling the pressure with all the changes and the staff being stressed and taking it out on the students.
    jinmartt

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2010-04-27

IEP is a legal contract Empty buy term papers

Post by jinmartt Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:21 am

angelinemayer
    angelinemayer

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2011-05-31

Post by angelinemayer Tue May 31, 2011 3:51 am

als4kody wrote:IEP is considered a legal contract if yor child is receiving services that is not on the IEP the school does not have to follow any guidelines for this unless its on the IEP. My child has been receiving one on one teacher aide support from the beginning of the year which was started by the Principal and not part of the IEP. I wanted the support to be on the IEP and have had nothing but trouble getting this applied . Furthermore the Principal has changed his written letter of what support is being given since giving it to me . I contacted CAUSE and Disabilty Connections for input on this matter. If I had not known what was going on, my child would be at the losing end of a great education. What else is the school doing that I or anyone else doesn't know?

I am a mother too and I understand what you are you feeling right now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:45 am