Charter School Parent Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Charter School Parent Forum

Parents of Charter School Students who want to get together and dicuss events, issues, solutions, and anything else having to do with our childrens education.

Latest topics

» Those In Need
Those In Need EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:35 pm by angelinemayer

» From the mouths of babes
Those In Need EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:00 am by angelinemayer

» IEP is a legal contract
Those In Need EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:51 am by angelinemayer

» School Board
Those In Need EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:07 am by KatherineDavis

» Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey
Those In Need EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 9:33 am by Bill

» Imagine Schools
Those In Need EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:56 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

» Punishment As A Whole
Those In Need EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:56 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

» Parent Meeting #1 (12/3/08)
Those In Need EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:04 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

» (Goverment) MDE - Michgan Department of Education
Those In Need EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 6:36 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

Navigation

Affiliates

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

Those In Need

Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin

Number of posts : 57
    Registration date : 2008-11-07

Those In Need Empty Those In Need

Post by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:04 pm

I have a suggestion that of course we would have to clear with the school first, but I have not seen a tote or bin around our school that we can put our kids clothes (uniforms) in when they grow out of them so others can use them and not have to purchase new ones, especially as hard as times are right now. Does this sound like a good idea or does anyone else have any ideas that would help others? bounce
    Donna

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2008-11-18

Those In Need Empty Re: Those In Need

Post by Donna Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:53 am

I have seen in many of the other charter schools that this is the way that they do things they also have belts that are donated by families which is a good idea as my children often forget or out grow theirs. Another Idea that woodworth has been doing forever is coats for kids I know that my children have some excellent coats that they just don't wear any more and I hate to see them sit in the closet when I know there are kids who do not have adaquite winter where so if any one knows of some one let me know I'd be glad to help them out.
    Admin #2 Christal
    Admin #2 Christal
    Admin

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2008-11-09

Post by Admin #2 Christal Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:20 pm

The school is already doing some of this. If we take our items to the office they distribute them to the students that need them. I do know of an item that is over looked however and that would be shoes. Their was a young lady in the office that needed some shoes because hers were to small.I have been collecting coats for give a kid a coat and plan to start with the school, for distribution.Winter boats, hats and mittens are also in great need.
    angelinemayer
    angelinemayer

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2011-05-31

Post by angelinemayer Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Admin #2 Christal wrote:The school is already doing some of this. If we take our items to the office they distribute them to the students that need them. I do know of an item that is over looked however and that would be shoes. Their was a young lady in the office that needed some shoes because hers were to small.I have been collecting coats for give a kid a coat and plan to start with the school, for distribution.Winter boats, hats and mittens are also in great need.

It seems the current temperature is too cold that students where recommended to wear big coats. Maybe you should consider outdoor water features in this kind of environment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:59 am