Charter School Parent Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Charter School Parent Forum

Parents of Charter School Students who want to get together and dicuss events, issues, solutions, and anything else having to do with our childrens education.

Latest topics

» Those In Need
Rate Your Office Staff EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:35 pm by angelinemayer

» From the mouths of babes
Rate Your Office Staff EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:00 am by angelinemayer

» IEP is a legal contract
Rate Your Office Staff EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:51 am by angelinemayer

» School Board
Rate Your Office Staff EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:07 am by KatherineDavis

» Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey
Rate Your Office Staff EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 9:33 am by Bill

» Imagine Schools
Rate Your Office Staff EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:56 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

» Punishment As A Whole
Rate Your Office Staff EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:56 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

» Parent Meeting #1 (12/3/08)
Rate Your Office Staff EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:04 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

» (Goverment) MDE - Michgan Department of Education
Rate Your Office Staff EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 6:36 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

Navigation

Affiliates

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+2
ADHDMOM1
Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
6 posters

Rate Your Office Staff

Poll

What is your first impression upon entering your childs school office?

[ 0 ]
    Rate Your Office Staff Bar_left0%Rate Your Office Staff Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Rate Your Office Staff Bar_left0%Rate Your Office Staff Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Rate Your Office Staff Bar_left100%Rate Your Office Staff Bar_right [100%] 

Total Votes: 7
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin

Number of posts : 57
    Registration date : 2008-11-07

Rate Your Office Staff Empty Rate Your Office Staff

Post by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:05 pm

When you walk into your childs school office (because you obviously need assistance of some sort) which of the following poll choices are you greeted with?
    ADHDMOM1

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2008-11-14

Rate Your Office Staff Empty Re: Rate Your Office Staff

Post by ADHDMOM1 Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:34 am

Crying or Very sad I had to take my child out of school early one day. I walked into the office to sign out my child and the secretary turned away form me to talk to her freind behind her. I had to interupt them to get her to do her job and call down to the classroom. I felt like she was discusted with me for her not doing her job. Talk about needing to work on her people skills!
    Bill

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2008-11-15

Post by Bill Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:14 am

This is a wonderful school with some very hard working and caring teachers. It is unfortunate that some office staff and administration treat them less than what they are. This is the most condesending staff I have ever seen. Bringing ones own personal life problems into the school and threatening the jobs of others is not something that should be tolerated anywhere. Faculy and non-office staff might consider checking out the web site www.ceai.org for employee protections!

I think parents might consider rallying behind the teachers and report every concern at the school board! It may not be a solution but it is a start.
    Donna

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2008-11-18

Post by Donna Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:28 pm

I have experienced that when ever i go in to discuss my children the office staff seem to think that it is their right to be present. I have since requested that the teachers invite me to their rooms so I can have a little privacy and the issues do not get brought up or took out on my children by staff members. I find it very strange that I must sneak around like a child to get the help and services my children need!
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin

Number of posts : 57
    Registration date : 2008-11-07

Post by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:57 pm

Your not alone Donna. We all are feeling like that. According to the handbook us parents are encouraged to communicate with our childrens teachers but yet the minute you question anyone who thinks they have authority in that school, the next thing you know you are being followed down the hallways and people rudely stand outside the classroom of the teacher you are trying to talk to "concerning your childs education!" If they weren't so guilty they wouldn't have to follow those of us around that they feel threatened by. If they did their jobs and conducted the school as it was in the past "legally" then there wouldn't be these issues and they wouldn't feel like everyone that questions them is a threat to them!
    als4kody

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2008-11-13

Post by als4kody Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:12 pm

I feel the same way. Its sad to have to check in every week to make sure the school is doing what they say they will do. I had to speak to a teacher only to have the Principal and one of the office staff standing in the lobby to hear what was being said! How sad is that? The school is not backing the great teachers instead they back all the staff that attempt to cover up anything.
    Admin #2 Christal
    Admin #2 Christal
    Admin

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2008-11-09

Post by Admin #2 Christal Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:57 pm

Hi Bill, hate to burst the bubble that the board is in place to help but so far that course of action has left us hoolowed out. They themselves at as if we are abother when we show up to board meetings.
    The rules and regs. 1st, your kids teacher, 2nd, Mr. Vickers, 3rd, School Board . Here is the catch we can't get passed Vickers to the school board so either 1 of 2 things is happening either Vickers is hidding Info. from the board or the board has made their postion clear to Vickers that they are not to be bothered by th parents. Please don't miss understand I do not want to lump them all together but they are suppose to work as a unit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:57 am