Charter School Parent Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Charter School Parent Forum

Parents of Charter School Students who want to get together and dicuss events, issues, solutions, and anything else having to do with our childrens education.

Latest topics

» Those In Need
WPA Hoodies Issue EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:35 pm by angelinemayer

» From the mouths of babes
WPA Hoodies Issue EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:00 am by angelinemayer

» IEP is a legal contract
WPA Hoodies Issue EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:51 am by angelinemayer

» School Board
WPA Hoodies Issue EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:07 am by KatherineDavis

» Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey
WPA Hoodies Issue EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 9:33 am by Bill

» Imagine Schools
WPA Hoodies Issue EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:56 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

» Punishment As A Whole
WPA Hoodies Issue EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:56 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

» Parent Meeting #1 (12/3/08)
WPA Hoodies Issue EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:04 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

» (Goverment) MDE - Michgan Department of Education
WPA Hoodies Issue EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 6:36 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

Navigation

Affiliates

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+5
Bill
taximom
als4kody
Misi
Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
9 posters

WPA Hoodies Issue

Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin

Number of posts : 57
    Registration date : 2008-11-07

WPA Hoodies Issue Empty WPA Hoodies Issue

Post by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:47 am

Personally I feel it is rediculous for the school to sell us parents Hoodie Sweatshirts for our children when they can't even wear them in school all because of a cutting incident (involving my child) which is under control on my end but yet the school is punishing everyone but yet the school still willingly accepts money for these sweatshirts with the stipulation "your child can't wear it in school." Hmmm, now how does this make sense?
    Misi

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2008-11-12

WPA Hoodies Issue Empty Re: WPA Hoodies Issue

Post by Misi Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:20 pm

Evil or Very Mad scratch I agree. We bought hoodies in the past and now we can't wear them, and we were told 3 different excuses none of them the same, and now they are wanting us to buy more so that our kids can't wear them! Sorry, but this just went all over me when I got the flyer.
    als4kody

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2008-11-13

Post by als4kody Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:54 am

Re:WPA hoodies issue
    I agree! The hoodies have the school's name on it and were worn during school and worn for basketball last year. No public schools ban any clothing with school name on it that was approved by the school prior to being worn. Now the school wants more money spent for something they can't wear at school.
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin

Post by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:10 pm

Exactly! And they wonder why parents are soooooooooo frustrated with their so called rules, they can't even get them straight enough to make sense!
    taximom
    taximom

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2008-11-13

Post by taximom Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:10 pm

One reason being they can hide objects in pockets. The pockets on boys cargo pants at the knees are larger and conceal more than those of hoodies. If going to ban an item they need to be on the same page as to why. Then people wouldn't think it was because one person just wanted it that way.
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin

Post by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:21 pm

lol! You got a GR8 point there Taximom geek
    Bill

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2008-11-15

Post by Bill Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:36 am

Selling clothing with school logos that can not be worn in class? This is completely absurd! If this is not self serving then I don't know what is. It looks pretty obvious to me that making money for staff projects takes presidence over our childrens self esteem! Come on parents, enough is enough. While I am very appreciative of the professionalism and dedication by the teachers I am tired of my children being used as pawns by the office staff. Should there be a parents meeting about this constant condesending atmosphere by some office staff?

The school image has been going down hill for too long and too many people have worked so hard to make it a success. The revolving door of good teachers leaving and being replaced every year needs to be taken into consideration. Many know why several teachers have left and this is disheartening!
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin ~1 ~ Melissa
    Admin

Post by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:23 pm

Thank you Bill, you hit it all right on the head... What our school has turned into is very dishearting -
    stormyi skyi

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2008-11-18

Post by stormyi skyi Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:19 pm

i think that we should be able to wear hoodie in school because its always cold in the class room!
    Admin #2 Christal
    Admin #2 Christal
    Admin

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2008-11-09

Post by Admin #2 Christal Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:12 pm

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for those of us who have been down this road more times than we would like to Thank you it's so nice to know we are not alone. Olivia Olds is the student that petitioned the school to absolutely no avail not even the respect of a reply. NOTHING!!! IT'S RUDE!!! Rude behavior is not allowed from the student's but, the student's and parents have to take from the staff. Olivia has come home on more than one occasion to tell me that tempature in the class room is 65, and does not get turned up until Ms. Olney sends a student down to the office to request that it be turned up.
    Donna

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2008-11-18

Post by Donna Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:48 pm

My 2 children have also came home cold. I have addressed this with the pricipal and was told if they were cold they were to go see him my 8th grader has more than once and nothing has been done. the only alternative is for me to spend money to buy them long sleeve shirts or sweatshirts and I refuse to do that as I have already purchased $40 worth of hoodies for them last year that they can not even wear this year.
    ADHDMOM1

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2008-11-14

Post by ADHDMOM1 Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:09 pm

The hoodie issue is new to me but ever since young 5's, I have been sending my son in two shirts during the winter. Usually a turtleneck and his required WPA short sleeved shirt. I gave up on the long sleeved shirts because they just did't keep him warm. He's in 3rd grade now and I have had several conversations with his past teachers about how cold it gets for them all. When the kids have to wear their winter coats in class to stay warm, they have a very hard time learning anything. I think that everyone who paid any money for an article of clothing should be able to wear it,especially if its in the required clothing for the last few years!
    Admin #2 Christal
    Admin #2 Christal
    Admin

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2008-11-09

Post by Admin #2 Christal Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:07 pm

Please be careful of the color of long sleeve shirt to be worn under ths WPA logo shirt as this has changed as well it MUST be a school uniform color or the kids get in trouble for that as well . ADHDMOM1 your are so right when you said that it effects our kids learning when they are cold.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content